8TH Transition to BHS & Graduation Info
8th Grade Transition Information for 2017/2018:
- 8TH GRADE SUMMER YOUTH LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY: FIRST ASCENT YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM-- Check out this FREE Program!!First Ascent instills lifelong leadership skills in youth. In addition to outdoor activities, academic subjects such as land and water conservation and orienteering are introduced. During the program, students engage in outdoor physical activities such as rock climbing (including climbing Mt. Elbert, the highest mountain in Colorado), rafting and hiking. Students will complete a challenge course designed to teach and develop: Team Building, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Consensus Building, Problem Solving, Building Trust. The 2017 Program runs : June 25 – June 30, 2017. The First Ascent Student Application Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2017. The cost: Cost: FREE--Free White Water Rafting. For more information talk to your 8th grade teachers and/or Mr. Funez. Sign-up quick-- the application deadline is soon.
- BHS CLASS REGISTRATION: Course selection has happened. Registration will occur in August to finalize your child's schedule. The BHS 2017/18 course catalog is now available here. Information on the 9th grade AP Geography class is here. Information on Math 1 or Math 2 is in this Fact Sheet. 8th grade math is very important to high school.
- BHS FREQENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Check out the BHS Frequently Asked Questions document with great information on common transition concerns: Click Here
- FIND BHS ONLINE: Check out the BHS website (http://bhs.rfsd.k12.co.us/) and LIKE the BHS Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/BasaltHighSchool)
- BHS FALL 2018/19 SPORTS: All student-athletes planning to join the spirit team, run cross-country or play football, volleyball, softball, boys' soccer or golf (August 7), should read this very important message from the RFSD athletic directors about the start of the season. Classes may start later for the 2017-2018 school year, but athletics do not. Make your summer vacation plans carefully:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SbN9nUwA4ZIRg33XNreOKUn3offZxD7RgfAZVmeXHGE/
8th Continuation & Graduation Festivities
RECAP: 8th Grade transition to High School Meeting
Watch the video of this evening presentation to 8th grade families earlier this year by BHS Principal Peter Mueller and BHS Assistant Principal Jamie Hozack below. For the powerpoint presentation, click here