8TH Transition to BHS & Graduation Info
8th Grade Continuation Information: June 5
Graduation is just a few short weeks away on June 5, 2017:
The committee is still accepting donations toward continuation festivities—this fund will follow the class into high school and be used for high school events as well. Please donate a lot or a little—everything helps! https://www.gofundme.com/basalts-8th-grade-class
CONTINUATION DAY EVENTS:
The schedule is as follows:
- 2:20 pm. The annual Kate Keenan Run will start from the 7-11 bridge this year. Students will be walked to this point. Due to construction, we have a short window to get across the highway. We encourage families to line Southside Drive up to BHS and be at the end to cheer with signs and cowbells. Because BHS students are taking exams during this time, there will be less of them out to welcome the new class. Please be aware parking at BHS is minimal these days. Students will take a group photo, have popsicles, then return to BMS by bus for regular dismissal time.
- 6:30 pm. Please have your student arrive at BMS to line up for the Continuation Ceremony.
- 7:00 pm. The Continuation Ceremony takes place in the BMS Gym.
- 8:00 pm. After Continuation, 8th graders are invited to the cafeteria for a special dance that will end promptly at 10pm.
8th Grade Transition Information
- BHS CLASS REGISTRATION: Course selection has happened. Registration will occur in August to finalize your child's schedule. The BHS 2017/18 course catalog is available here. Information on the 9th grade AP Geography class is here. Information on Math 1 or Math 2 is in this Fact Sheet.
- BHS FREQENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Check out the BHS Frequently Asked Questions document with great information on common transition concerns: Click Here
- FIND BHS ONLINE: Check out the BHS website (http://bhs.rfsd.k12.co.us/) and LIKE the BHS Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/BasaltHighSchool)
- BHS FALL 2018/19 SPORTS: All student-athletes planning to join the spirit team, run cross-country or play football, volleyball, softball, boys' soccer or golf (August 7), should read this very important message from the RFSD athletic directors about the start of the season. Classes may start later for the 2017-2018 school year, but athletics do not. Make your summer vacation plans carefully:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SbN9nUwA4ZIRg33XNreOKUn3offZxD7RgfAZVmeXHGE/
RECAP: 8th Grade transition to High School Meeting
Watch the video of this evening presentation to 8th grade families earlier this year by BHS Principal Peter Mueller and BHS Assistant Principal Jamie Hozack below. For the powerpoint presentation, click here