4th to 5th Transition Information
Welcome to Basalt Middle School! We know it can be a scary time for families and students to transition to a new school, and so we wanted to share some upcoming dates and information that will help ease your child’s transition. Please put these dates on your calendar today!
- MAY 7: LAST LATINO PARENT NIGHT EVENING. We welcome 4th grade parents to join Principal Ellsperman, Family Liaison Conchita Ramirez, and parents at BMS at 6 p.m. to hear about topics related to next year like scheduling, enrichment options, and staffing. We’ll conclude with a potluck food celebration! Spanish translation will be included.
- MAY 14: LAST BMS PARENT ACCOUNTABILITY MEETING OF THE YEAR. Fourth grade parents are welcome to join us at 8:15am in the front office for the final parent accountability meeting of the year. We will be discussing scheduling, enrichment options, and staffing.
- MAY 20-24: 4TH GRADE SCHOOL TOURS. Your student will be coming up to BMS with their class to tour the school and get the lay of the land with our Assistant Principal Ty Hayden.
- MAY 23: INCOMING 5TH GRADE FAMILIES ICE CREAM SOCIAL. 3:30 pm. We welcome all incoming families to join us in the 5th grade pod for an ice cream social at 3:30pm. Fifth grade teachers, parents and students will be on-hand to answer questions. Students will be able to practice their hand at combination locks and explore classrooms and Principal Ellsperman will greet the incoming class.
- MAY: INTRODUCTION TO BAND. 4th graders will be coming up to BMS this May to hear a performance by 6th grade band students and learn about the different instruments in our band. A majority of BMS students participate in band, and you’ll receive more information on the process in the fall. All that students will need to decide this spring is whether they want to be in band next year or not.
- AUGUST 15: 5TH GRADE FAMILY ORIENTATION NIGHT. The whole family is invited to BMS at 5:30pm to learn about what to expect in 5th grade and receive class schedules and important information from teachers and staff members about BMS.
- AUGUST 16: 5TH GRADE STUDENT ORIENTATION. All 5th grade students are required to attend this 9am-Noon student orientation. Students will meet their 8th grade WEB mentors, play familiarization games, and get to know BMS during this morning orientation. You will receive more direct communication about this orientation from our counselor Marlon Funez and student WEB leaders over the summer.
- AUGUST 19: SCHOOL STARTS! The first bell rings at 8:00am. Students are expected to be in class and ready to learn by the second bell at 8:05am.
- SEPTEMBER 10: BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. All families are invited to join us for this important evening. Details to come!
Join us online! Follow the BMS Facebook Page:(Posts include important information, photos, and learning at BMS): https://www.facebook.com/BasaltMiddleSchool/
Bookmark the BMS Website: http://bms.rfsd.k12.co.us/
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us before the end of school at (970) 384-5900. We look forward to welcoming your child to BMS next fall!